| ||We are dually accredited by:|
WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
WCEA (Western Catholic Educational Association)
Catholic School Advisory Commission
The CSAC aspires to become a credible and effective forum for
an engaged school and parish community working collaboratively
to achieve excellence at St. Francis of Assisi Elementary
Guided by Franciscan values, the CSAC advises the pastor and
school principal of opportunities and goals regarding:
- Policy development
- Facilities management
- Marketing and development.
These opportunities and goals strengthen the faith formation,
educational programs, and environment for students, and in
fulfillment of this mission, the SAC will reinforce the partnership
which exists between the parents, school, and parish.
- CSAC will keep the academic and spiritual welfare of the
students uppermost in decisions and endeavors.
- Advice and recommendations will be deliberated fairly,
thoroughly and enthusiastically, and foster an environment
- The conduct, activities, and communication with the CSAC
will be collaborative, inclusive, open, welcoming, and transparent
for parents, faculty, staff, and the parish.
- Issues, concerns, and matters before the CSAC will be handled
effectively and timely, and will receive appropriate follow-through
to ensure resolution is achieved.
- The CSAC members will act and represent themselves professionally
and hold confidential matters that are sensitive.
- Commissioners will strive to be leaders in the school
and parish community and model positively the CSAC mission,
Franciscan values, and the tenets of the Catholic faith.
- Proceedings will be conducted enthusiastically and foster
a spirit of faith, camaraderie, community, and fun.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School is dedicated to living the Gospel values. Our Franciscan, academically challenging curriculum teaches and supports students in becoming contributing members of their communities.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School, an educational ministry of St. Francis of Assisi Parish, strives to create a Franciscan environment which serves the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical needs of our students. Understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children, the staffs vocation is to inspire and facilitate learning. Together, we instill Catholic Christian values and traditions in our children.
|Schoolwide Learning Expectations|
A St. Francis of Assisi Elementary School Student is:
- demonstrates Gospel values
- actively participates in prayer celebrations
- understands the Catholic faith
- shows a love of God, others, and self
- actively solves problems and thinks critically
- makes progress through the diocesan standards
- develops and shares knowledge and talents
- demonstrates a curiosity and respect for learning
- appreciates diversity and the uniqueness of others
- practices good citizenship
- lives the Acts of Courtesy
- cares for Gods creations
- practices self-discipline
- makes Christ-like decisions
- owns his/her choices
- is trustworthy
- recognizes self-worth
- leads and cooperates
- embraces challenges
- always perseveres
|The Prayer of Saint Francis|
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is doubt, faith;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled,
As to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.