Frequently Asked Questions
What is Family Participation?
Parents or guardians perform a prescribed number of hours of service each year. Participation is a condition of attendance in the school. See details
What types of service may I perform?
- You may participate in services that benefit the school, its students (for school-related activities), or are in support of an activity or event sponsored by one of the school auxiliary groups (Parents Club, Fundraising, etc.).
- If you are uncertain about a particular service, verify with the Organizer of Special Events.
- You may provide supplies that benefit school events (bottled waters, desserts, etc.) that are specifically requested through the Parent Service Program. See details
- Important to Note: The following donations do not earn service hours:
- Donations of cash or items to the school or to school events that are not specifically requested through the Events do not earn service hours.
How do I find out about family participation opportunities?
Choose opportunities that fit into your schedule and your areas of expertise or interest.
- View Volunteer Opportunities on the website
- Join our email distribution list - this is the best way to keep current! To get on the e-mail list, visit here.
- If you are counting on participating in an event, visit this Web site frequently and pay attention at the school's bulletin board at the building's main entrance!
- Follow bi-weekly e-blasts from the Parent Club for current information.
- Follow the hallway bulletin board for sign-ups.
Who may perform the service hours?
According to diocesan regulations, only parents or guardians may serve the hours for your family.
Who keeps track of service hours?
Families are responsible for recording their hours of service in Beehively.
If you can't find answers from the above, email your question to email@example.com.